If you understand what a role is, we can now dive into creating custom roles.
The following steps will explain the Roles interface(/screen) and how to access it from your dashboard;
- Go to your dashboard and select Roles under the Teams tab from the left menu panel.
- This is how the Roles interface looks in Rocketium's campaign window.
For now, we have three predefined roles viz, Marketing, Admin, Designer.
- The left section, viz Roles, has lists of all roles in your system.
- The right-hand side section lists all the accessible features available inside Rocketium's design ecosystem. These features can be customized for different 'roles' based on their relevance to the position.
Follow these easy steps to create a custom role;
- Click on Add new role from the top right corner.
- After that, the system will add a new role with the name New Role. You can change this name by clicking over the current term (i.e., New Role). (Let's create a new role named Social media manager)
- You can choose what feature(s) a specific role can or can not access from the right-hand section.
For instance, the feature to 'Manage users and roles across workspace' is irrelevant to a social media manager; hence it is opted out -- Remember, these features are customizable, and you as an Admin can allow (or disallow) these features according to your brand strategy.
Tip: More on permissions and features access are explained in this article.