Learn how to create eye-catching templates from scratch on Rocketium
For the purpose of this guide, we will be recreating the template shown below.
Note - Importing a .psd template involves different steps; click here for a complete video tutorial.
- Select a workspace -- New Project -- Image Template
- You will notice that all the sizes listed under 'Branding' will be available for selection here.
- You can choose to set your template in as many of these sizes as you would want to
- Next, name your template.
On the left, you can see the options to 'Add elements.' They are images, shapes, and text. But before that, let's understand the Content Panel.
This is where you can add content elements such as text, shapes, images, and presets to your canvas.
There are two ways to work with the content panel:
- Grid view: elements of the creative are presented in a grid format. This is the default view
Add elements in the grid view;Click on the '+' (Add) icon in the content panel to add an element.
- Layers view: elements of the creative are presented as layers. To access the layers view, click on the 'layers-view' icon at the top right of the content panel.
This is how the elements look in layers view
You can switch between views by clicking on the grid/layers icon respectively
Add elements in the layers view;
Click on the '+' icon at the top right to add elements in the layers view.
#1 Styling Background
You can style the background using the styling panel (on the right-hand side).
From here, you can set;
- Background color using either hex code or choosing a shade from the color palette; the hex code for our background is #FDE1AE.
Note: The gradient feature is available at the bottom of the color palette.
- You can also choose the background texture; here, the texture is selected as 'none.'
The below picture shows how our background looks presently.
#2 Adding and styling text
- To add a new text to your creative, click on the '+' icon on the content panel, and select text. A text box ('Enter your text') should appear in your preview window.
- Add the desired caption (text) in the text box of the content panel and set the text element to an appropriate position.
- You can also style the text element for different parameters (change font, size, color, alignment, shape, to name a few) from the styling panel.
#3 Adding and styling images
This section will discuss how to add images and style them using Rocketium's powerful design tools.
- Click on the '+' icon on the content panel (on the left-hand side) and select image; a window should pop up with all possible ways to upload/add an image in your creative.
- We have selected a Galaxy product, Night cream, from our media library.
- After uploading an image, select that image in the preview window or in the content panel to enable the styling panel (highlighted-yellow).
Now choose from the array of styling options to get your desired results.
Additionally, you can also copy .svg files from design tools such as Adobe Illustrator or Figma, and paste them directly on the canvas.
#4 Adding and styling shapes
Shapes are 2D elements (such as circles, squares, etc.). They are usually used to give dramatic background effects to other elements.
They are present in the content panel along with other elements.
- After clicking the '+' icon, then select Shape.
- Select a shape of your choice from the modal. We've selected a circle
- Adjust the styling properties of the shape to achieve the desired result
- The final creative should look like the one shown at the beginning of this article.
Note: By default, the color of the shapes is blue with hex code: #32A3DD and the body is positioned at the front. You can edit these two (along with the other changes available) in the style panel.